Thatcher is interested in all aspects of the printed book and working with clients on whatever need they have related to books on their shelves – buying, collecting, appraising, repairing, binding, covering, wrapping, displaying, organizing, cataloging and so on. Some of services are listed below but feel free to contact us if you have a request not listed below.
- Designing a library – we can work independently or in conjuction with your architect, designer, builder or make recommendations for professionals in these specialties.
- Building book collections - our core service and specialty.
- Supplementing an existing book collection, if a client already has a book collection and is need of ideas and assistance adding to it or completing it, such as finding rare books or missing volumes of a set.
- Custom Book Wrapping / Custom Printed Book Jackets: We are extremely innovative and creative in how we work with books. We can “remodel” your existing library and unify it aesthetically by wrapping your book collection in new jackets with printed titles. We can also wrap books in custom jackets that work with your palette and design.
- Selling part or all of a book collection, may include identifying duplicates and non-essential volumes, advising on collection goals, or other dimensions.
- Installing a new book collection – we are available to travel to the client site, unpack and arrange books including working with client accessories. Alternatively, we are happy to work with your designer and other installation professionals, and can accommodate their packaging and labeling requests (including specific rooms and shelf locations if necessary).
- Organizing a book collection – Note that we are available to help arrange your books and fine tune your bookshelves even if the books were not purchased from us. Thatcher has an expertise and a certain touch in making bookcases look great. We can assist with this either remotely or on-site. This may include a visual reorganization of the books and shelves or it may involve organizing by subject, author, theme, or other scheme depending on the client’s needs.
- Maintaining leather books – books can be shipped for maintenance to us or we can travel to the collection to perform leather conditioning and minor repairs on site. This is a essential service for restoring the beauty of leather books and preserving them for the future, it requires special skills and materials.
- Cataloging books – we can build a complete database of every book in a client’s collection for the client’s records. This can also include creating a photo archive of books in the collection. This service provides a tremendous resource for reference and insurance purposes. If a collection is purchased from us, we can catalog it before it ships, if the service is desired for an existing book collection, we can travel to the site.
- Custom bookplates and other custom library materials can be designed and installed in the books.
- Custom Leather and Cloth Bookbinding and/or Rebinding: Juniper Books creates custom bindings of all types, custom clamshell boxes and custom slipcases.
For information on our appraisal services please click here:
For more information about our custom curated / handpicked book collection services please click here:
If you did not see a particular service on this list that you need, chances are if it involves books, we can do it. Please feel free to contact email@example.com, call 303-946-1494, or contact us through the form below.