The Franklin Library was one of the largest and most sought-after publishers of fine leather-bound books from 1973 until their permanent closure in 2000. The Franklin Library Pulitzer Prize Series was a limited edition series of the 53 Pulitzer Prizes awarded to Novels from the first in 1918 through 1979. The series was published from 1975 to 1980. Due to their extremely Limited Edition nature, they are highly sought after as collectibles.
These photos represent some of the Franklin Library Pulitzer Prize Series volumes as well as other winners of Pulitzer Prizes (i.e. Biography, History etc.) not in the official series that we have in stock or have previously procured for clients. We have posted the full list of titles in this limited series after the photos at the bottom of this page.
Among our many specialties, Juniper Books is one of the largest buyers and sellers of fine leather-bound books from publishers like Franklin Library and Easton Press in the world. We buy and sell nearly all of these beautiful leather bound volumes privately, so it is best to communicate with us directly about selling your collection or buying these books from us. Our inventory changes rapidly yet we keep “want lists” for customers and we have helped our clients build their collections over years.
Modern leather-bound books make marvelous gifts and we have more experience than anyone in assisting our clients with selection and sourcing; from a single book to a curated collection of thousands. And, as these books are collectibles that appreciate in value over time, we are also very experienced in evaluating and appraising these volumes and we quite often advise clients on appropriate prices to pay for these books as many times they are overpriced in certain venues.
NB: We are posting this page as sort of a visual bibliography. Please ask for permission before using our photos for any commercial purposes, thank you.
To inquire about this style of books, please feel free to call 303-946-1494, e-mail email@example.com or contact us through the form below.
The following is a list of the 53 volumes (listed by year Prize was won) in the Franklin Library Pulitzer Prize Series published from 1975 to 1980.
- 1918 His Family by Ernest Poole
- 1919 The Magnificent Ambersons by Booth Tarkingon
- 1921 The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
- 1922 Alice Adams by Booth Tarkington
- 1923 One of Ours by Willa Cather
- 1924 The Able McLaughlins Margaret Wilson
- 1925 So Big by Edna Ferber
- 1926 Arrowsmith by Sinclair Lewis
- 1927 Early Autumn by Louis Bromfield
- 1928 The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder
- 1929 Scarlet Sister Mary by Julia Peterkin
- 1930 Laughing Boy by Oliver La Farge
- 1931 Years of Grace by Margaret Ayer Barnes
- 1932 The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
- 1933 The Store by T.S. Stribling
- 1934 Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller
- 1935 Now in November by Josephine Johnson
- 1936 Honey in the Horn by Harold L. Davis
- 1937 Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- 1938 The Late George Apley by John Marquand
- 1939 The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
- 1940 The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- 1942 In This Our Life by Ellen Glasgow
- 1943 Dragon’s Teeth by Upton Sinclair
- 1944 Journey in the Dark by Martin Flavin
- 1945 A Bell for Adano by John Hersey
- 1947 All the King’s Men by Robert Penn Warren
- 1948 Tales of the South Pacific by James A. Michener
- 1949 Guard of Honor by James Gould Cozzens
- 1950 The Way West by A.B. Guthrie, Jr.
- 1951 The Town by Conrad Richter
- 1952 The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk
- 1953 The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
- 1955 A Fable by William Faulkner
- 1956 Andersonville by Mackinlay Kantor
- 1958 A Death in the Family by James Agee
- 1959 The Travels of Jaime Mcpheeters by Robert Lewis Taylor
- 1960 Advise and Consent by Allen Drury
- 1961 To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- 1962 The Edge of Sadness by Edwin O’Connor
- 1963 The Reivers by William Faulkner
- 1965 The Keepers of the House by Shirley Ann Grau
- 1966 Collected Stories by Katherine Ann Porter
- 1967 The Fixer by Bernard Malamud
- 1968 The Confessions of Nat Turner by William Styron
- 1969 House Made of Dawn by N. Scott Momaday
- 1970 Collected Stories by Jean Stafford
- 1972 Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner
- 1973 The Optimists Daughter by Eudora Welty
- 1975 The Killer Angels by Michael Sharra
- 1976 Humboldt’s Gift by Saul Bellow
- 1978 Elbow Room by James Alan Mcpherson
- 1979 The Stories of John Cheever by John Cheever