Holiday Party 2011
On December 11th we hosted our second annual Juniper Books holiday warehouse party. We had a great turnout of friends, customers, local designers, retailers, booksellers, and various others in our local network. Thanks to everyone who attended. If you are in the Denver/Boulder area next December and interested in what we are doing, send me an e-mail and we will invite you to the next party.
The centerpiece of the party was our Christmas tree made of books. Last year we made one out of about 800 green books. This year, the creation took up a little less space, and was an elegant design using all olive green law books. We carved the edges of the books to be shaped like tree branches (don’t worry there are enough law books in the world to justify this), then hung ornaments from the page edges, draped it in lights, then topped it with a star.
In addition to the Christmas Tree made of law books we also showed off some other recent creations:
- A giant version of our elephant that spans about 100 book spines in the balcony
- We also used the elephant image under cutting boards in the food area
- And elephants with Christmas hats marched across the warehouse door
- More law books were used to build a kids book fort where my kids entertained their friends
- The book with jackets that form a Ridley bike (part of a contest I entered but didn’t win) were on display
- Hundreds of Victorian decorative books, antique leather books, Easton Press books, Folio Society, Limited Editions Club, and other decorative books were arranged
- Of course many of our custom book jacket products were out as well – including our pink Jane Austen, vellum Jane Austen, black Literary Classics, Cook’s Books, Blue Victorian Classics, and our Read Me Set.
- Plus the various “6-packs” we have created that are re-purposed law books (sense a theme?) with book jackets on top that look like red leather, vellum, black and white leather, brown leather, or elephants (another theme).
- And lastly many of the books from publishers that we like were out for sale too including the Penguin Classics, Penguin Threads, Taschen edition of the Brothers Grimm, First Edition Library facsimile editions.
If I can help pick out any holiday book gifts please let me know. The Juniper Books Gift Certificate is always a good choice for the book lover who you aren’t sure exactly what they want, but they probably want something to do with books!