Juniper Books oversees numerous binding projects for clients, in both leather and cloth, to create beautiful gift or display editions, preserve or restore heirloom books, and for any other reason a new binding is desired.
Since Thatcher’ experience with books is very broad from building book collections and designing custom book covers, he can expertly advise on whether a new binding is appropriate for a project, and if so design all aspects of it from color to titles and endpapers. Juniper Books can also oversee printing of books – we have worked with our numerous interior design clients to print and bind portfolio and project books for example.
Below are photos from some of recent binding projects which have included:
- Custom leather bindings for Pulitzer Prize winning novels
- Rebinding of antique leather law book
- Custom leather binding a selection of Milton Friedman books for a client’s home library
- Custom leather binding of two books related to the Beatles with nice picture frame style bindings
- Custom leather and cloth bindings for interior design project books
- Custom leather binding of gift books for a university
- Custom leather binding of Catcher in the Rye as a product for sale from Juniper Books since a leather edition was never approved by J.D. Salinger
Juniper Books can also assist with:
- Custom box making – ie clamshell boxes to house rare and valuable books or ephemera and documents – these can be made to look like books on the shelf
- Slipcases to house and protect books
- Portfolios to house invitations, ephemera, documents, project plans, etc.
Basically if it involves paper, books, leather or any combination of those, we can help.
To learn more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 303-946-1494 or use the form below: