I firmly believe that books make great gifts for any occasion and for every potential gift recipient, there is a book you can give them that they will love, even if they don’t like books! Sorry if that was a bit of brain twister, but it’s true – if literary classics aren’t of interest, an impressive coffee table book on a favorite topic (Motorcycles? Paris? Fried Chicken?) might appeal!
February has arrived and Valentine’s Day isn’t far away. For the holiday we have created several Valentine’s Day themed book sets matched with our custom book jackets in reds, pinks, purples and other colors. Below you will find links to our new offerings. Please click on the links below or on the photos to be taken directly to the items in our online store.
1. I Love Books Set – $150. This set shows that the proud owner loves printed books – and the “love” books have been specifically selected for Valentine’s Day given their romantic themes. The set of 5 brand new books includes Persuasion by Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. See also the slight variation on this set.
I Love / Heart Books
2. Jane Austen Set in pink leather style jackets – $235. Our most popular set when we launched it just before the holidays at the end of 2011, the product was featured in Gwyneth Paltrow’s GOOP. The set is comprised of the complete works of Jane Austen, published by Oxford, then we made custom printed jackets to look like pink leather covers. A great gift set of classic novels including Sense & Sensibility, Pride & Prejudice and Emma.
Jane Austen Pink Leather Style Book Set
3. Literary Classics in Red- $250. This set incorporates 8 literary classics with our custom jackets in a bold modern design that spells out exactly what they are. The books are all new and include Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë, Great Expectations by Charles Dickens and The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton.
Literary Classics in Red
4. Valentine’s Day Decorative 3 Book Set ($45) and Decorative 5 Book Set ($75). The underlying books are re-purposed law books, so these sets are all about the design of the jackets, which are eye-catching, fun and very pink! These are great for decorating the house for an event, or for retailers to merchandise store windows.
Valentines Day 3 Book Decorative Set
Horizontal Valentine's Day Set
5. Modern Victorian Set in Red – $225. This set uses a classic Victorian book design from the late 19th century for the book jackets, wrapped around five 20th Century American classics. The books include classics from Faulkner, Steinbeck, Fitzgerald, Willa Cather and John Cheever.
Modern Victorian Book Set in Red
6. Cook’s Books in Pink – $250. Our set of 5 classic cookbooks now comes in pink for Valentine’s Day. Cleverly contained within the letters for Cook’s Books are the titles and authors of the books. The books are all brand new and include The Joy of Cooking, The Essential New York Times Cookbook and American Cookery by James Beard.
Pink Cook's Books Set
7. I Love J.D. Salinger Set – $150. Salinger is one of my favorite writers and I came up with this simple idea for the four volumes that make up his complete works. Like the “Literary Classics” and “Cook’s Books” sets above, this set places the titles for the books within the letters on the spines. This is a great gift for guys – trust me!
I Love JD Salinger Set
8. European Engraving “Six Pack” – $90. This set of 6 books is purely decorative. We have re-purposed six substantially sized law books with an image from an antique engraving that is beautiful, detailed and engaging. This is a fun way to decorate your shelves with a festive image of lovers, musicians and revelers at a Renaissance village gathering. -
European Engraving Decorative Book Set
9. Bronte Sisters Purple Book Set – $300. This set of 7 books represent the complete works of the Brontë sisters – Anne, Charlotte and Emily. The classic works include Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre. We unified the set with a very pretty floral design and jackets printed in a leather style in purple .
Brontë Sisters in Purple Jackets
10. Two Ladies Traveling Decorative Set- $60. This set isn’t necessarily specific to Valentine’s Day, but I think it’s a very nice design for the shelves. Like the European Engraving set above, it uses re-purposed law books as the underlying volumes. The beautiful jacket design is based on a Victorian book cover that we love.
Two Ladies Traveling Decorative Book Set
11. Pretty Woman in Mirror Decorative Set – $60. Same as the set immediately above, a Victorian book cover caught our eye and we turned it into a design for the book jackets on this set of re-purposed law books. Our ideas for book designs are sometimes purely decorative and not about the content of the books – sometimes we combine content and style, sometimes we choose one over the other!
Pretty Woman in the Mirror Decorative Book Set
12. Blank Journals – $15 each. This is a new experiment for us! We are taking old book designs that we love and using the artwork on the covers of blank unlined journals. They aren’t fancy, but they are unique and you won’t find them anywhere else. Depending on how this experiment goes (please buy one!) we will continue to develop this line and create some very interesting journals . . .
Juniper Books Blank Journals with Vintage Book Covers
13. Penguin Classics – we didn’t create these, but we love their design and are happy to build custom collections of them. We offer a set of 10 where you can pick your titles and we will ship the selected books to you.
14. Gift Certificates – if you want to give the gift of books but don’t know exactly what to buy, our gift certificates are a great choice. Unlike a traditional bookstore where the gift certificate is only good towards what they have in the store, you can use Juniper Books Gift Certificates towards anything and everything book related – custom book jackets, custom bookbinding, rare book or first edition searches, and much more.
A quick thank you to the various blogs who have discovered some of our Valentine’s Day creations and featured them on their sites including DesignSponge.com, BookRiot.com and lots of tumblr users. We love how the web works and how everyone can discover something they never knew existed! Keep it flowing . . .
Happy Almost Valentine’s Day!